Our Organization & Mission:
The Lake Mills Area Chamber of Commerce is a private, non-profit, membership-driven organization comprised of more than 200 business enterprises, civic organizations, and educational institutions focused on addressing the business community’s needs. As a partner in developing economic prosperity and creating opportunity for individuals interested in business development, our mission is “to support the business community, foster new business growth and promote tourism making Lake Mills a better place to do business.”
Reports to the Executive Board of the Lake Mills Chamber of Commerce
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Promote membership development to include communicating in person, via email and telephone with existing membership.
– Recruiting of new members to include reports to Executive Board on progress.
– Coordinate and supervise all community activities endorsed and approved by the Executive Board.
– Market to attract meetings, conventions, activities and visitors to the Lake Mills area.
– Educate members to promote business opportunities and expansion.
– Manage the annual operating budget.
– Maintain regular office hours in accordance with a schedule approved by the Executive Board.
– All items as requested by the Executive Board.
Experience and Skills:
– Strong interpersonal and communications skills
– Proficient in the use of modern technology and social media platforms.
– Ability to organize, plan and prioritize workload involving multiple projects at one time.
– Preferred experience in association management industry.
– Knowledge and understanding of media outlets and business community in Lake Mills.
– Lives in the Lake Mills area with knowledge as to how Lake Mills compares to other like-sized communities within the region & State.
– Associates Degree in a related field and/or three (3) to five (5) years of experience in management of a business or organization.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as the full job description of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
To submit your application / resume please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org